9 Bedroom Cottage that sleeps up to 30
The Cookhouse is the old Cookhouse/Shearer's quarters built in the early 1950's. We have retained all of the character features with polished Rimu floors throughout and generous open fireplaces in the lounge areas. It is situated on a sizeable grassy area surrounded by fruit trees with large trees behind as shelter from the nor-west wind and a beautiful view down the gorge from the front of the house.
The house is situated within easy access to the river, the hills and native bush; we are more than happy to discuss some great walks, drives and climbs with you.
Don't forget we have a helicopter on-site if you would like to have a scenic flight or get dropped off up a hill to hike down.
$100 for up to six people per night
$10 per person per night for each extra person after that
Children aged 2 and under are free
The Cookhouse has nine bedrooms:
One - one queen bed, one single bed
Two - one queen bed, one single bed
Three - 2 sets of bunks, one single bed
Four - 2 sets of bunks, one fold out couch
Five - 1 set of bunks, two single beds
Six - 3 sets of bunks; one with double base
Seven - 1 double bed
Eight - 2 single beds
Nine - 1 fold down double couch
(rooms seven to nine are in a self-contained flat)
- A large lounge/dining room with open fireplace leading into a big kitchen
- The kitchen is fully equipped (pots, pans, plates & cutlery) and has two stoves, a microwave, a fridge/freezer and a chiller
- A smaller lounge with open fire and comfy chairs
- One bathroom with bath, toilet & basin
- A shower block
- A toilet block
- Games room with air hockey & foosball
- Bedrooms seven to nine are in a self-contained flat which has a kitchen, lounge & dining room
Pillows are provided
A cot & porta-cot and high-chair are available on request
BYO Bedding & food (pillows provided)
No dogs please
This is a holiday house and you are expected to clean the house before you leave; all cleaning equipment and products are in the house for your use.